This page will serve as a resource for our Admission Portal 3.0 rollout.
“What’s New in Admissions” Webinar
Here is the recording of the webinar from April 29, 2019:
Admission Portal 3.0 FAQ
This FAQ was compiled and abstracted from questions submitted following the above webinar. Please reach out to your account manager with additional questions.
Questions About Training and Documentation
- What training and documentation resources will be available? When will they be released?
We will be releasing new documentation in mid-June, with training videos to follow.
- Will the New User Boot Camp in June include information on the new admission portal?
The Boot Camp will include training for on how admissions works in Veracross: managing candidates, checklists, etc., most of which is unchanged in the new portal. While we will touch on the new features of the Admission Portal 3.0, it will not be the focus. Attending the Boot Camp, therefore, is not required for using Admissions 3.0.
Questions About Admission Portal 3.0 Features
- Will the SSAT integration continue to work as it currently does?
- How will VC Pay work with the new portal? Will it be optional or required?
The new admission portal does not change the functionality of VC Pay, and you can still use another approved payment gateway. You can purchase it to manage and streamline tuition payments (and more) at your school irrespective of your admission portal platform. To learn more about using VC Pay for tuition or admissions fees, please contact your Account Manager.
- How does an accepted candidate transition to the enrollment portal?
The process is the same as Admissions 2.0: you can include a link on the decision letter or send an email containing the link to the enrollment portal.
- Do candidates that have accepted an admission offer still have access to the admission portal?
If they don’t, is there a future student portal they can access for information?The process is the same as Admissions 2.0: Candidates that have accepted offers can access the admission portal, but they will only see their completed checklist items or the published decision letter. You can create a future student portal with a content portal, but we don’t have future student-specific components.
- Is there a place where candidates can see all communication they have received via Veracross?
Not with this first phase, but our Product Management team will consider that for a future enhancement; if you’d like to sign up for client validation on admissions to provide more information about why you think this is important, please fill out this form.
- Can candidates see checklist items as a calendar?
They will be able to see clear dates for items that need to be scheduled in the checklist, but there is not a calendar view in this version. Our product management team will consider that for a future enhancement; if you’d like to sign up for client validation on admissions to provide more information about why you think this is important, please fill out this form.
- Can candidates pay their application fee online?
Yes, and it will work the same as it does now. If you’d like to learn more about VC Pay and how to accept online payments for applications or enrollment fees, contact your account manager.
- Can candidates have access to register for other programs, such as summer camps?
As with the previous version of admissions, there will be no direct access, but you could link over to program registration.
- We’d like to move away from needing to use Google Forms for our teacher recommendations and had hoped that the new admission portal would bring your own recommendation system. Why is this not a part of the new platform?
We understand your need to not use Google Forms for teacher recommendations, and we are actively considering adding this to the roadmap.
- Can candidates upload documents? Can they send a link to someone else to upload them?
Yes, there is a file upload type just like in the current Admission Portal; you can also add your own school’s form checklist items that can be file uploads, e.g., for passports or visa photos. Candidates cannot currently send a link to someone else, but if you’d like to talk to our product management team about why you think this is important, please fill out this form.
- Is the inquiry/admission process streamlined for current faculty members? Can teachers begin the process directly from the teacher portal?
There is not a specifically streamlined process but you could create a special inquiry form that collects only basic information and link to it in your faculty portal. If you’d like to talk to our Product Management team about why you think this is important, please fill out this form.)
- Will prospective families use the same login screen as current families? We sometimes have prospective families trying to access the admission portal via the current family login.
Yes, they will use the same login screen.
- Will the candidate profile document change, have new sections, etc.?
The candidate profile document will be updated to include new features, such as the submitted results of new forms.
- Will families be able to request tours without having to log in?
No not through our visit functionality, as changes to visits are not included in this first phase of Admissions 3.0. Help our team build a better visits offering by signing up for client validation here. Alternatively, you could create an inquiry form for tours, and those are accessible without creating an account.
- Is there new open house functionality?
No, as changes to visits are not included in this first phase of Admissions 3.0. Help our team build a better Visits offering by signing up for client validation here.
- Is there a way to send automatic emails or texts to applicants who have outstanding checklist items that would include reminders of upcoming dates?
Not with this first phase, but our product management team will consider that for a future enhancement; if you’d like to sign up for client validation on admissions to provide more information about why you think this is important, please fill out this form.
- Are there any changes to the way applications are actually reviewed, e.g., the candidate profile document or application review process?
No there are no changes. The review homepage will even stay the same. There will be the ability to review and approve changes and inquiries, and a new homepage to help you more easily navigate admissions in Axiom.
- If we take advantage of multiple inquiry forms, do they all come in as the same types of records and merge duplicates?
You will be able to decide what data goes into the database from additional inquiry forms, and what data stays in “staging.” You’ll also be able to tell what form the inquiry originated from.
Questions About Implementing the New Admission Portal
- Will there be a default configuration (or multiple ones) to help suggest setups for schools?
Most components of the admission portal — e.g., system forms or checklist item widgets — are created with default configurations, enabling you to add the component and then tailor from there. We will work with you to setup your portal and will be able to provide best practices.
- What happens to person-specific data, e.g., applications and checklist items, when we switch to the new platform?
There are no changes to the underlying data. You will continue to manage candidates, applications, checklists, admission history, etc. as you always have.
- Is there a deadline to notify you we’d like to be in the August, September, or October implementation cohorts? If we miss those, when are the next cohorts?
Please let your account manager know that you’d like to be part of a cohort at least two (2) months before the launch date of that cohort, and they will be able to evaluate if you’re able to join the cohort. After the October 1st launches, there will be more flexibility for launches. If you know you want to wait until next year, still let your Account Manager know so they can schedule your launch!
- Will any elements of the new admission portal platform still be in beta when the first cohorts begin implementing?
No, they will not be in beta when schools begin using them, but we will continue to enhance any findings from client’s use.
- If applying parents have bookmarked the old admission portal, will it redirect to the new one when we switch?
The new admission portal will live at a different URL. In addition to posting the new URL and communicating it to everyone who needs it, you could update your 2.0 version to link over to the new one.