You can upload files in batch — using .zip files — to person, household, and organization records in Axiom via three links in the “Batch Add” section of the System homepage.
The Overall Process
- Create a .zip file (1 GB size limit) of the files you want to upload. Think ahead to the type of mapping you’ll use: manual, using a manifest file, or including the record IDs in the filenames.
- Navigate to the System homepage in Axiom and click one of the three Add Files to… links.
- Upload the .zip file in the new batch and map the files to records.
There are three mapping types available when batch uploading files:
- Manual: No prep is required for this option. You’ll manually select the records to match each file to as part of the uploading interface in Veracross.
- Manifest File Provided: You’ll include a .csv file as part of the .zip file, meaning that your .zip file will include a minimum of two files: the manifest file and at least one file to actually upload and map to a record. We recommend using the file linked above to build the manifest, rather than starting your own from scratch.
- Filenames as Record IDs: The filenames need to simply be the record IDs. For example, 431839.pdf for a PDF to attach to a person with the person ID 431839.
Example of a Manifest File
Here is an example of a manifest file.
Note the following:
- Specify the full filenames, including file extensions
- The record ID comes from Veracross: person ID, household ID, or organization ID