You can upload files in batch — using .zip files — to person, household, and organization records in Axiom. This article covers the step-by-step instructions. Read an overview of batch uploading files, including mapping types and other options.
Example: Batch Upload Files to a Person
This video example batch uploads several files to person records using the “manifest” mapping option:
Step One: Create a .Zip File
Create a .zip file (1GB or smaller) on your computer. The .zip file can contain any number of files, but the compressed file type must be .zip (other compression types not accepted). Take into account how you will be mapping the files when you create your .zip file. For example, if you are going to use the filenames as record IDs, ensure that you use the record IDs as the filenames when creating the files for the .zip.
Step Two: Upload the .Zip and Map the Files to Records
Navigate to the System homepage in Axiom and click Add Files to Records.
Add Files to People
1. Add the file batch.
- Enter the name, file classification, and mapping type. Read more about file classification.
- Click Add File Batch.
2. The page reloads. Find your .zip file to upload.
- Click Upload Zip File. A new tab opens. Then:
- Select or drag the file to upload.
- Click Upload and Save.
- When the file has uploaded, close the tab.
- Reload the file batch page by clicking the “Refresh” button on your browser or simply clicking the “All” tab. You will see your files listed in the “Files (Not Yet Attached to Person Records)” tab.
3. Review or map the files.
- If you are manually mapping records, click each row to use the advanced search to find the record. If you are mapping with a manifest file or using the record ID in the filename, you should see a record detail for each file in the grid. If you do not, you can still manually map them.
- Click Update when you have confirmed the mappings.
Be sure you have clicked Update after confirming the mappings. It is an easy step to overlook.
4. Associate the files to records using the Action menu.
- Click the Action menu.
- Select Attach Files to Records. Click Attach Files to Records when prompted to confirm.
When the action menu has completed, it displays the total number of mapped files.
5. View the results of the matching.
- Click the All tab or hit Refresh in your browser to reload the page.
- Click the Files (Attached to Records) tab.
At this point, you can remap files and run the Action menu item again. Find existing file batch uploads via the Find Record File Batches and Find Person File Batches queries on the System homepage.