The third-party scheduling package called ‘Class A Scheduler’ by Longhouse Software can be used to create class schedules and schedule students. This is most often used by Middle and High Schools (not Lower Schools). This data can then be imported back into Veracross.
1. Purchase ‘Class A Scheduler’ from Longhouse Software.
2. Speak with your Account Manager to coordinate payment of the one-time integration fee (charged by Veracross) to integrate with ‘Class A Scheduler’.
3. Your Account Manager should make sure the appropriate Class A Scheduler export queries are enabled on the System Homepage.
Sending Veracross Data to Class A Scheduler
Veracross Data should be exported to Class A Scheduler eliminate or reduce the potential of creating duplicate courses, students, and teachers once the Class A Scheduler data is imported back into Veracross. Veracross has created a variety of queries containing Veracross data in a format that Class A Scheduler can use. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Navigate to the System Homepage in Axiom
2. In the lower left hand corner, there are six queries that can be used to export data from Veracross. The queries are:
- Course List (contains Courses)
- Course List – Faculty (contains Faculty and the Classes they teach)
- Course List – Students (contains Students and their Class Enrollments)
- Course Requests (contains Student Course Requests)
- Room List (contains all Rooms)
- Student List (contains all Students and Future Students who have an enrollment status of Newly Enrolled or Re-Enrolled)
3. After exporting data above, import this data into Class A Scheduler. Please note that it is essential that the Person ID field (from relevant queries) is exported to Class A Scheduler as the Veracross schedule import process requires that the Person ID be present. It will NOT match on individuals’ names.
Creating Schedules in Class A Scheduler
Create schedules in Class A Scheduler. If you need assistance, please contact Longhouse Software directly at email@example.com or at 802-448-0954.
Importing Class A Scheduler data into Veracross
Once you have finished creating class schedules and enrolling students within Class A Scheduler, please follow this process to get schedule data back into Veracross. Please note that this is a once-per-year process per school division.
1. Within Class A Scheduler, click Data > Vendor Exports > Veracross. If this option does not exist, please contact Longhouse Software at firstname.lastname@example.org and they can enable this option.
2. Select ‘Full Export’ and click OK. A dialog box will open telling you where the files have been exported to. The file name will be ‘veracross.zip’
3. The veracross.zip file will contain at least three .txt files, explained here simply for informational purposes:
- days.txt (This is the equivalent of Class_Schedule records in Veracross). Columns are as follows:
- Course ID
- Duration – Scope of the class: year, semester, quarter, etc
- Rotation Day/Day Number
- M-F Day of week
- Begin Period (veracross ID, or description, or abbreviation)
- End Period (veracross ID, or description, or abbreviation)
Please note that schools should provide a key to map between Class-A period_id and the Veracross Blocks in the event that they are not the same. Example:
|Class A Period ID||Veracross Block/Period ID|
- classes.txt (This is the equivalent of Class records in Veracross). Columns are as follows:
- Course ID
- Course Name
- Teacher ID
- Max Students
- schedules.txt (This is the equivalent of Class_Person records in Veracross). Columns are as follows:
- Student ID
- Course in Sequence
- Course ID
- Section Number
4. Send these files to your Account Manager via a Veracross Client Portal request and allow for two weeks for this data to be loaded.
5. After the data is loaded in Veracross, verify all class data, enrollment data, and run a ‘Find Class Permissions’ query to make sure that teachers have the permissions you expect. Insufficient permissions may result in teachers’ inability to enter assignments and grades.