The Single Student Scheduler provides a tool to more efficiently create a schedule based on course requests for students at any point during the year. Adding, editing, and removing Course Requests without submitting any changes to the system is also possible. This feature is available to any school who uses the Veracross Scheduler.
Accessing the Single Student Scheduler
The Single Student Scheduler is accessible via the “Schedule – All” tab within a student’s record. The button “Launch Single Student Scheduler” opens the tool.
Note: We recommend using Google Chrome as the internet browser when using the Single Student Scheduler.
It is possible to add, edit and remove Course Requests without submitting any changes to the system. The Course Requests are organized by request groups. As Course Requests are being added, edited and removed, schedule Solutions will appear on the left hand side of the Single Student Scheduler. The solution options that appear will never allow conflicts.
Adding Course Requests
Course Requests can be added by clicking on the button and filling out the fields to enter a new request. The request will then appear within the request group that you indicated. An orange dot will appear next to the Request to indicate that a change has been made but the data has not been saved. Below the request, the list of class options will be displayed. As requests are being added, the system will automatically generate possible schedule Solutions to the left of the Course Request list.
Editing Current Course Requests
Existing Course Requests can be edited by clicking on the Pencil icon next to each Request. Doing so makes it possible to change the Group, Priority or Grading Period for the Request. An orange dot will appear next to the Request to indicate that a change has been made but the data has not been saved. New solutions may be calculated and provided as the course requests are edited.
Selecting Classes within Course Requests
Selecting specific classes within a Course Request will impact which classes are included in the schedule solution. When a class is selected, a Lock Icon will appear next to the class. The scheduler will automatically populate a Solution that will show those classes listed within the schedule. Only one class within a Course Request Group can be selected.
Course Requests can be deleted by clicking the Trashcan icon next to the Request. By removing the Course Request, it is no longer included in schedule solutions
Important Note: Refreshing or leaving this the Single Student Scheduler will reset all course request changes, all solutions and all favorites.
Anytime changes are made to Course Requests, the scheduler will figure out all the possible schedule Solutions for the student based on the changes that are made. It is possible to toggle between Solutions by clicking on the button or by using the scroll bar below the Solutions.
In scrolling between schedule Solutions, the Course Requests that are being met will be highlighted in green.
Solution options will never include conflicts. However, if a school has chosen to “Ignore” proposed changes to enrollment it is possible to have conflicts within a student’s schedule. See Proposed Changes options below.
Stage Schedule for Review
Proposed Changes Tab
On the Proposed Changes tab three categories are visible: Already Enrolled In, Enroll Student In and Remove Student From.
Already Enrolled In…
Classes within this section indicate that the student is already enrolled in the class and the class is part of the proposed schedule. No action is required to keep the student enrolled.
Enroll Student In…
- One of the following Actions must be taken:
- Enroll: This action will add the student into the class as if he or she has always been enrolled in the class from the beginning of the school year.
- Late Enroll (today): This action will enroll the student into the class with a late enrollment date of today. (“Today” being the date that the Overwrite Schedule and Course Requests button is clicked).
- Ignore: This action will keep the student from being enrolled in one or more of the classes on the proposed list. This will be reflected on the Schedule Overview tab. The class will be highlighted in gray.
Remove Student From…
- One or more of the following actions must be taken:
- Delete: This action will remove the student from the class as if he or she was never enrolled in the class.
- Withdraw (today): This action will withdraw the student from the class with a withdrawal date of today. (“Today” being the date that the Overwrite Schedule and Course Requests button is clicked).
- Ignore: This action will keep a student from being withdrawn from one or more classes. This will be reflected on the Schedule Overview tab. The class will be highlighted in gray.
Please Note: Any student enrollment that has assignment, calculated or posted grades already entered for the student cannot be deleted. They will be withdrawn automatically instead, even if “delete” is selected.
Schedule Overview Tab
- The classes that are not highlighted are classes that will not be impacted when Overwrite Schedule and Course Requests is clicked.
- The classes in gray are class enrollment options that the school has chosen to ignore on the Proposed Changes tab.
- The classes highlighted in green are classes the student will be enrolled in when Overwrite Schedule and Course Requests is clicked.
- The classes highlighted in red are the classes the student will be withdrawn from when Overwrite Schedule and Course Requests is clicked.
Revert Staged Changes
Overwrite Schedule and Course Requests
Commit course request and class enrollment changes by clicking the button. Please Note: By clicking this button the Course Request list that is currently displayed and the proposed changes action items that are selected will be committed to the database. Careful consideration should be used before making these changes as it will overwrite the student’s existing enrollments and course requests.