To find a student’s medical condition, use the “Find Students” query from Health homepage, then click on the “View Detail” link for a particular student to display the Health detail screen. Click the “Medical Conditions” tab and then the name of the condition.
New medical conditions can also be added per student using the “Add a Medical Condition”‘ link under the General section on the Health homepage. Information found on this record tracks both a potential medical visit related to the medical condition and any medications associated with the student and medical condition.
- Patient: enter the name of the student the record describes.
- Description: enter the description of the medical condition.
- Begin Date: specify a date in which the medical condition began.
- End Date: specify a date in which the medical condition ends, if applicable.
- Condition Code: use the drop-down menu to select the condition code.
- Intervention Code: use the drop-down menu to select the intervention taken for the condition.
- Disposition Code: use the drop-down menu to select the disposition for the condition.
- Critical: check the box if the medical condition should be flagged as critical. Marking this as “YES” will highlight the medication on the person’s Emergency Profile Document.
- Confidential: check the box if the medical condition should be flagged as confidential. Marking this as “YES” will cause the medication to not display on the Emergency Profile Document, even if flagged as Critical.
- Provider: specify the health care provider, if applicable. Use the ‘…‘ to search for existing health care providers in the system.
- Health Care Organization: specify a health care organization associated with this student and medical condition, if applicable. Use the ‘…‘ to search for existing health care organizations in the system.
- Notes: use the text box to add any additional notes regard the medical condition.
- Medications: use the input grid to associate any medications with the student’s medical condition. Select the magnifying glass to view the student medication record.